Welcome to Chef Caroline’s Raw World.
I’m excited to share with you what led me to raw food, what raw foods are, why I incorporate raw food into my life, a few of my signature dishes, and so much more.
At the age of 45, a heartfelt prayer for inner peace began me on my raw foods healing journey. I had grown beyond being sick and tired of beginning and ending each day with depression, carrying 100-pounds of extra fat distributed all over my body, and having little to no energy to get me through each day. Also, living with the fear of becoming a diabetic with high blood pressure scared me to find a solution.
The answer came to me from many people suggesting that I begin to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into my life to create a healthier mind, body and spirit.
After two-years, I began to understand that the traditional, southern-cooked, fast and processed foods that I had enjoyed all of my life were devoid of the living nutrients my body required.
I am honored to share with you my ongoing journey to do what I can to improve my health. I am writing from my personal journey, not so much as a healthcare professional.
Why do I incorporate raw foods into my lifestyle? Although, I love and do eat cooked foods, I nourish my body with LIVING foods that gives me abundant energy.
I incorporate raw foods into my life because:
• Freed me depression
• I FEEL good from the inside – out
• I am 60-pounds lighter
• I LOVE and accept the person that I am NOW
• I discovered that my purpose in this life is to share with others the good news about the benefits of incorporating raw foods into their lifestyle
• Sleep and breath better
• I meet so many liked-mind people who are working to make our world a better place.
Because of raw foods I now understand that what I choose to put into my mouth determines my body’s environment. Will I live in “dis-ease” or with abundant vitality and health? The choice is mine.
Watch as I prepare great raw foods on “Cooking Raw” on-line or on MPTV For more information about the health benefits of incorporating raw foods into your lifestyle, please watch episode #212 of the MPTV “Cooking Raw” show that my daughter and I co-host to see and hear Dr. Peter Johnson explain it from a medical perspective. To watch “Cooking Raw” online go to mptv.org, click local shows, then “Cooking Raw” and select program #212.
Now, a quick and easy salad that is filled deliciousness and nourishment:
Kale, Raisin, and Apples Salad…oh no Caroline didn’t…girl, yes she did!!
Equipment: Potato peeler Ingredients:
• 2 bunches curly kale
• 1 large apple (granny smith is my favorite)
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/4 cup walnuts
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1/4 – 1/2 cup orange juice
1. Remove the stems from the kale.
2. Layer several kale leaves on top of each other and roll the leaves tightly.
3. Use a knife to chop the kale roll into thin shreds. Chop all the kale using this process.
4. Place the kale in a bowl and massage the leaves for 30 to 60 seconds to tenderize.
5. Use the potato peeler to shred apple into bowl. 6. Add the remaining ingredients and toss.
Enjoy until we meet again. In the meantime, please let me know if you prepared the salad or have any questions that I may be able to answer for you. I’d love to hear from you.